NDCL Student News Magazine

THE MANE

THE MANE

THE MANE

The Sweetness of February 15th

With all the commotion of Valentine’s Day crowding our lives, we often overlook the best part… THE DAY AFTER!!

February 15th is so much better than the 14th, and here’s why…

For starters, you don’t have to stress about finding the perfect flowers or writing the perfect note for a significant other–you can focus on YOU. (Although, might we add, the best parts of the day after are the discounted chocolates!!!).

First and foremost, the day after Valentine’s Day feels like a sigh of relief. There is no more worrying about averting your eyes from public displays of affection or hearing that one friend ramble on and on about their awesome flowers and awesome valentine, or tirelessly planning that last-minute date or gift for your significant other.

The day after Valentine’s Day is a day where you can relax and focus on the love given without the expectation of it. It becomes an opportunity to appreciate loving the simple things, unburdened by the grandeur of the holiday, perfectly tailored to promote capitalist consumerism, not genuine love.

All the unbought Valentine’s Day candies go on sale for 50% off, as stores are desperate to clear their stocks to move into Easter.

As roses wilt and cards are crumpled, a new gift emerges, and that’s post-Valentine’s day chocolate.

Stores all over the country are trying to rid their shelves of heart-shaped, love themed, red, pink and white candies.

What’s the best way to do that? A good ole discount obviously!

There are so many steals to take advantage of, simply because things have hearts on them.

So, go treat yourself to all the candy and chocolate you didn’t get for Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank this February!

In essence, the day after Valentine’s Day is a day for self reflection and appreciation. I encourage you to take advantage of this February 15th and treat yourself, because you deserve it.

It’s a time where we can all appreciate the life of the day before, but with a little less stress and a little more chocolate.